Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thamsanqa Tinker Tots Prizegiving

Last night was so exiting. There you see Lulama Larisa and Louise with the children of our Thamsanq playgroup performing at the prizegiving ceremony
Laura and Wilker, our last two volunteers from Be More decided that the prizegiving evening must be a festive affair. They bought crowns for the girls and necklases for the girl and hats and moustaches for the boys. Everybody's face was full of glitter. As you can see Louise, Larisa and Lulama also wore crowns. I also had one ( yes I now have lovely curly hair)
Lulama and Larisa guided the children to perform. They sang beautiful. Then Larisa handed oudt a certificate with the child's best characteristic on there. I was so impressed.
The parents came and brought a friend, the Thamsanqa children and mother came. Laura and Wilke brought Roos and Elwin and the Thembisa volunteers. I will place a few more photos.
Then Laura and Wilken served cup cakes and cooldrink and chips. Louise handed thank you letters to the Laura and Wilken. Laura and Wilken said a last farewell. The Thamsanqa children sang two beautiful sons and then all is well with my soul.
I always advised communities to be involved with community projects and here at the end of my career I am so fortunate to be involved in CWSA Family Restoration Services Thamsanqa Community projects. We have a vision for a full day Creche in two year's time. It is only finances that stand between us and greater success in Motherwell.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment