Thursday, October 20, 2011

Eric - a home to head for

Eric Olverson cycled for Thamsanqa from Cairo to Cape Town and raised money for Thamsanqa during 2010 and 2011. Actually since he volunteered at Thamsanqa in 2008 he never stopped raising funds for us. When Eric volunteered with us for two months in 2008 it was very much at the beginning of our project. We only had three houses and these were not well furnished etc. Not once in the two months that he volunteered for us did he mention to me that a few years before he was very ill of bacterial meningitis and that he was using using a catheter permanently. I really did not know and only learnt about it many months after. Eric was so active with the c hildren and on the bike whenever he had the chance. ... and then he told me that he was going to do the Tour de Afrique raising funds for Thamsanqa.
He wrote regularly on his blog and I really enjoyed it.
This year he and his wife Carole organised a concert in the garden of his villa in Spain and he again raised a substantial amount for us. Eric also came through Be More and was then inspdired by the work that we do. His friends and family are all contributing regularly.
Now he wrote a book called a home to head for and I challenge you to read it. It is such good reading! I have the only book in South Africa and wont let it out from under my eyes., I could not put it down once I start reading it. Come cycle with Eric from Cairo to Cape Town. It is a wonderful experience and help Thamsanqa once again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment