Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday time

So many things are happening with our children.
16th Deember 2010.  Pierre Burman and members of Round Table No. 8 spoilt our children to a meal, a party and presents. They enjoyed the day tremendously.
21 December: Esmeralda from Shopwrite took the children cream cake and lovely presents. Pastor Gavin from Frontline Ministries is on holiday and he accompanied her there taking the cake and the presents in his bakkie. The children licked their lips as they enjoyed the cream cake.
22 Decmber. Today Lighthouse Family Church is spoiling the children with a lunch and presents. Yesterday I went to Daphne's house to get Christmas cards from Hilda. She sells Christmas cards on behalf of Thamsanqa. Her cards are the loveliest in Port Elizabeth. I left with 13 beautiful cards sold to me at a special price.  When I came there, Hilda and Daphne were cooking for today's lunch. They were just peeling cooked potatoes for potato salad. So I took one peeled potato put mayonaise on and enjoyed myself while they were working. We are very thankful that Lighthouse Family Baptist church cooks this lunch and then give the presents. They really spoil the children. Peter and Daphne and Hilda and everybody at Lighthouse Church, thank you.

Our biggest challenge remains the fact that we are not receiving a government subsidy for running cost and that most businesses do not want to give money for running cost. I had a visit from Ashley Theron the National Executive Director from CWSA. He came to visit me at home on Monday afternoon to see how I am doing. I was feeling much better after the chemo therapy I  had on the 15th. Ashley wrote to Max Maxegwana acting HOD of SOC DEV asking him assistance in this regard. All at CWSA: Family Restoration Services are hoping and praying that he will respond positively.
Expect some lovely pictures soon. Our children are the most beautiful in the world.
Next time you will hear a fairy tale story about shoes!!!! Shoes from Holland.
Christmas greetings.
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment